Ever since the cold war has ended in Afghanistan, The Pakistan-Afghanistan relations have not been growing in the favorable light. It all started with the transfer of refugees in Pakistan and these refugees have created an overall grisly situation in Pakistan. Another vice such as drugs, arms and terrorism is also the import of Afghanistan and Afghanistan has always been able to hurt Pakistan one way or another. The latest episodes and the gravest area for concern for Pakistan is now that there are now direct terrorist attacks on Pakistan soil from the Afghanistan region. Pakistan seriously need to consider its policy as far as Afghanistan is concerned or else it will become too late.
To prove my point, let’s look at the timeline of the attacks that have been done from Afghan soil:
- 21st and 24th of April of 2011, there was an attack which took at Khurkai Post Deer.
- 2nd May 2011: Artosan post was under the attack Chitraal.
- 1st June 2011, Shantoo post Deer was under the attack.
- August 2011 saw 7 attacks on the check posts of Chitraal. It all happened in the last week.
- 22nd June 2011, a check post in Upper Deer was under the attack.
Now it is the great food for thought for the Pakistan authorities as sometimes the allegations are being made that Pakistan is like the safe haven for the terrorism, but on the contrary Pakistan has been the victim of the terrorism.