Pakistan came into existence on 14th August 1947 and so on the Pakistan Army. Pakistan Army is the largest division of Pakistan armed forces and is mainly responsible for land-based military operations especially at the state borders.
At the time of division of sub-continent it was decided that 64% of armed forces and other assets will go with India and the rest of 36 % will be provided to Pakistan. But later, Pakistan was forced to accept a share of 1/3 of its originally stipulated assets out which most of them were unwanted and obsolete in nature. Despite of extremely limited resources Pakistan Army still managed out run different hurdles including the migration about seven million Muslims to Pakistan. Imagine how the Pakistan Army how the Pakistan Army had survived with responsibility to protect such a large crowd to Pakistan from armed bands of Sikhs and Hindus. According to a study made in 2010 Pakistan Army has an active force of 550,000 with 500,000 active reserves.
Based on the Moto of Iman, Taqwa and Jihad Fi Sabilillah, Pakistan Army has always proved itself to be one of the powerful armed forces of the world. The brave and courageous soldiers of Pakistan Army are always ready to stake their lives for the sake of country. The live examples of sacrifice and bravery of Pakistan Army can be found on the pages of history several times whenever India has tried to conflict on the borders.
Besides repelling external aggressions and battling internal security issues Pakistan Army is involved in other significant activities. Pakistan Army is serving UN Forces for peace keeping, making and enforcing in different missions since 1960. Besides army of Pakistan is also renowned for the military training of other alliance countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Ghana, Zimbabwe, etc.
Pakistani Military Academy, School of Infantry and Tactics, Armor, Artillery, Army Air Defense, Engineer, and Signals Schools and Colleges, Command and Staff College, National Defense College are some military institutions established under Pakistan Army for the training of army officer s that includes Pakistani and foreign both.
To meet the challenge of the future battlefield Pakistan Army has the capability of producing missiles, heavy armed vehicles and latest communication devices.
Fauji Foundation, Army Welfare Trust, Frontier Works Organization, Special Communication Organization and the National Logistics Cell are serving under Pakistan Army in the social sector for nation building activities like educational, welfare and other reliefs. Besides they are also known for conducting anti-locust, anti-boar and anti-smuggling operations.
While coming to an end I can conclude that the Pakistan Army has been battling against the heavy odds since the birth of Pakistan bravely and heroically and has proven itself in different sectors of security nation building and other eminent activities. During these 65 years, the Army, like other armed forces, has evolved into a highly-energized and modern force safeguarding the ideological and geographical frontiers of Pakistan.